You are interested in volunteering with us?
Next Meeting: Sat January, 13th 2024 9:30am – 3:30pm
VOLUNTEERS TASKS ARE:
- Raising awareness about racism: Volunteers organize events, write blogs or post on social media, talk to politicians, they make art, they make music … (they are CREATIVE)
- Working with kids and youth to empower them: They listen to experiences, they are buddies for kids and their families, they show interest and stand with them, they know when further steps need to be taken (legal, social, psychological…)
- Group work for empowerment and allyship: Volunteers offer workshops to empower, offer workshops to schools, offer workshops about critical whiteness
We are looking for you:
- You are convinced that racism needs to be fought
- You want to raise awareness about racism
- You want to become active and make a small but decisive change in your free-time
- You are creative
- You are less than 35 years old
- You have either experienced discrimination or want to become an ally for those who have
- You are determined to spend an hour of your freetime on average per week on being a volunteer with us
What ist he organization behind?
AWO has been one of Germanys largest traditional welfare organization for long. Born out of a workers tradition AWO has become famous for defending working class interests. Yet AWO nowadays supplies a broad range of social services from counseling, to child care or health services.
„Volunteers against racism“ is a project initiated by AWO Anti-discrimination office, aiming at increasing awareness and action against discirmination by multiplying actors and making voices overheard in rural Kreis Kleve.
AWO Anti-discrimination office staff coaches you, leads a way and lends you their hand for going trough challenges in your voluntary work. Staff is there for any of your questions, doubts, your qualification and needs.
Regular group meetings will take place in Kleve, aiming at making the voluntary work a groups-action and offering to find support or inspiration among peers.
How to get in touch:
Send a message! Janna will get in touch with you as soon as possible and invite you for further steps.
Janna Völpel (Pronomen: sie/ihr)
Servicestelle für Antidiskriminierungsarbeit
Goebelstraße 61, 46446 Emmerich am Rhein